Sunday, November 1, 2015

Senior Seminar Week 8

This week was my first week at my new school!  First grade is very different from the fifth and sixth grades, but the students are so sweet and it has been great getting to know them.  My CT seems really knowledgeable and I am excited to work with her and learn from her.  To be honest I am a little intimidated because she is so knowledgeable, and I don't want to disappoint her.  In my last placement I felt more confident in my teaching as I was more comfortable and experienced with the content, whereas I don't have experience with the first grade really.  At this placement the school and the other grade level teachers all seem very organized and comfortable with how they have things, which is very refreshing, however I do feel like I'm going to need to hit the ground running which is a little daunting.  My CT appears to be very open to communication and questions, and has been very helpful when I have asked for advice and/or clarification on something.  This upcoming week I will be starting to take on teaching the language arts class, and at intimidating as it feels, I am excited to help these darling kids continue to learn.

2 comments:

  1. You are going to do just fine! I'm glad that things seem to be doing well with this placement and you are able to see true academic team work where open lines of communication and curriculum planning take place. Have loads of fun! I'm anxious to see your interactions with your first grade students!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to do just fine! I'm glad that things seem to be doing well with this placement and you are able to see true academic team work where open lines of communication and curriculum planning take place. Have loads of fun! I'm anxious to see your interactions with your first grade students!

    ReplyDelete